I was asked by one of my friends to bake a green cake, about which I’ve told her before I left to Poland. So I invited her for baking together. We got a really tasty cake. I think, that boys who tried it, will agree with us.
The name suggests that when seeing and eating the cake you’ll feel like being in forest. And well, you can judge if we succeed.
The recipe is quite easy. I found it here: https://www.przyslijprzepis.pl/przepis/lesny-mech-2
For the dough:
- 450g of frozen spinach, chopped
- 250g of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass (~200mL) of oil
- 1 glass (~150g) of plain flour
- 1 glass of fine flour (krupczatka in Polish, it’s a special type of flour)
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
For the cream:
- 300mL of whipping cream (or 36% cream)
- 2 packages of „fix for whipping cream”, which are avalaible in Polish shops in UK, but you can use a bit of gelatine or agar as well
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Defreeze the spinach, remove the unnecessary water.
- Mix eggs with sugar. Add oil (while mixing). Add sifted flour, both types and baking powder.
- Add spinach and mix gently.
- Bake in springform pan (diameter 25cm) at 180*C for approx. 1 hour. Cool it down.
- Whip the cream, at the end add fix/gelatin/agar and icing sugar.
- Cut off the top of the cake. Crumble the cut off part.
- Put the cream on the cake and remaining cake crumbles on it.
- Decorate with pomegranate seeds.
- Bon appetit!
If you decide to bake this cake let me know how was it! 😉
Brownie with citrus fruit cream
This is a quite easy cake. And it’s perfect for so-called ‚bad day’ when you just need some chocolate to have a better mood. Whenever it happens to you, just try this cake!
The recipe is from Polish „Lidl’s Kitchen” website. There you can find a video explaining the procedures. Check this out: https://kuchnialidla.pl/product/brownie-z-bita-smietana-i-cytrusami
This is wat you’ll need:
- 200g of unsallted butter
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 100g of milk chocolate (you can change the proportion as you wish)
- 4 eggs
- 100g of brown sugar
- 135g of plain flour
For the cream:
- 400mL of whipping cream (of 30% cream)
- 150g of icing sugar (you can add less)
- 18g of gelatin (or agar, or Polish ‚fix for whipping cream’)
- 2 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- Melt butter, add chocolate and mix until it’s melted as well. Cool down.
- Mix eggs with sugar slowly for 1 minute. Mix with cooled chocolate.
- Add sifted flour. Mix gently.
- Bake in 165*C for 30-35 min.
- Let it cool down.
- Wash oranges and grapefruit. Cut pieces as shown in this video: https://kuchnialidla.pl/blog/filetowanie-pomaranczy
- Mix the juice from these fruits with gelatine/agar and let it dissolve (heat it gently to make it easier). -> If you don’t want use the geletin, see point 10!
- Whip the cool cream, at the end add icing sugar.
- Add a bit of the cream to gelatin and then mix with all the rest.
- If you don’t want to use gelatine/agar, add fix for whipping cream.
- Add oranges and grapefruit pieces and mix gently.
- Put the cream on your brownie.
- Use remaining orange and lemon for cake decorations as at the end of this video: https://kuchnialidla.pl/product/brownie-z-bita-smietana-i-cytrusami
- 14. Leave in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours so the cream is more solid.
- Bon appetit!
As before, let me know if you did it and if you like the recipe! 😉